These 4 months have hands down been the BEST 4 months of my life. It is totally amazing that I have been blessed with you as my child! You are growing like a weed Saw-man! Where has my tiny little baby boy gone?
You totally amaze me. You complete me. You make me excited to wake up in the mornings to see your sweet face. Your kisses melt my heart. YOU are my WORLD. I occasionally look at your Daddy and thank him for giving me you just as I thank God every single day and night. Your Daddy loves you, he adores you – you are also his whole world!!!!
You still look just like your Daddy -you are changing everyday. AND.... I am not gonna lie to you I am still holding out a little hope that you have some of your momma in you! I think you have my eyes and lips so far. Your little smile lights up the whole room, your “B” tells you all the time what a “pretty little smile” you have.
There were a lot of “firsts” this month for you!
1. You celebrated your FIRST THANKSGIVING
2. You attended your FIRST birthday party for a sweet friend
3. You had to visit the doctors office for your FIRST after hours visit…booo! That nasty cold is still hanging around.
4. Your Daddy kept you overnight while your mommy stayed out all night doing a little “black Friday” shopping
5. You took your FIRST trip to Gatlinburg with your best buddy Crue
6. You helped celebrate your Mommy’s 28th Birthday (shhhhh…don’t tell anyone, your Mommy is getting OLD)
7. You tried our your johnny jump up for the FIRST time
8. You have enjoyed playing in your jumparoo
9. You went to your FIRST Zoolight Safari at the Birmingham Zoo and you officially hated it, cried the entire time!
10. Participated in your FIRST pajama day at school, you wore your elf pajamas!
You are trying to talk to us all of the time and you are even laughing out loud! We love it!
You are still sleeping every night right beside Mommy and Daddy in the pack n’ play/nap nanny or in your snugabunny rocker beside our bed. Your very favorite Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. You are still NOT a good napper – you take “cat naps” and most of them last no longer than 30 mins or so, you are really enjoying your naps these days while being held…the second you get put down those eyes pop open. Most nights you are sleeping anywhere 8-10 hours or so before waking up for a feeding!! Most of the time you still taking 4 oz every 2 ½ to 3 hours. You still LOVE your baths and you take a bath at night around 7:30 – 8:00 and its always with mommy. You will not take a paci, I give up!!! You are still in a size one diaper and and 3-6 month clothes you weigh approximately 14 lbs. now…the same as last month. You are only in the 20th percentile for your weight, we gotta fatten you up J Your eyes are still blue, YAY! You are getting a little hair, finally! You have super strong little legs and you are holding your head up so well and doing lots of tummy time.
1. Nicknames for you so far “Saw man” (most popular), “monkey” “monk monk”, “fat face”, “BOY”, “saw”, “buddy bud”, “little man” and your Daddy has recently started calling you – “stink”
The words to this book describe my love for you Sawyer Maddox. I can’t wait to read this book to you over and over. Santa brought this recordable storybook to you and Mommy is going to record her voice reading it so you will have it forever and ever!
I wanted you more
than you ever will know
so I sent love to follow
wherever you go.
It's high as you wish it. It's quick as an elf.
You'll never outgrow it...it stretches itself!
So climb any mountain...
climb up to the sky!
My love will find you.
My love can fly!
Make a big splash! Go out on a limb!
My love will find you. My love can swim!
It never gets lost, never fades, never ends...
if you're working...
or sitting with friends.
You can dance 'til you're dizzy...
paint 'til you're blue...
There's no place, not one,
that my love can't find you.
And if someday you're lonely,
or someday you're sad,
or you strike out at baseball,
or think you've been bad...
just lift up your face, feel the wind in your hair.
That's me, my sweet baby, my love is right there.
In the green of the grass...in the smell of the sea...
in the clouds floating by...at the top of a tree...
in the sound crickets make at the end of the day...
"You are loved. You are loved. You are loved," they all say.
My love is so high, and so wide and
so deep, it's always right there, even
when you're asleep.
So hold your head high
and don't be afraid
to march to the front
of your own parade.
If you're still my small babe
or you're all the way grown,
my promise to you
is you're never alone.
You are my angel, my darling,
my star...and my love will find you,
wherever you are.
You are loved.
~ Nancy Tillman
Happy 4 Months Sawyer! Love always and forever!
Mommy and Daddy